The First Hospital in Malaysia Achieves Global Recognition for Its Healthcare IT Systems
Singapore, 18, September 2012 - HIMSS Analytics Asia Pacific announced Prince Court Medical Centre has achieved Stage 6 on the EMR Adoption ModelSM (EMRAM). Prince Court Medical Centre is one of the leading healthcare providers in Asia offering comprehensive medical care to the highest international standards through world-class facilities, innovative technology and excellent customer services.
HIMSS Analytics developed the EMR Adoption Model in 2005 as a methodology for evaluating the progress and impact of electronic medical record systems for hospitals in the HIMSS Analytics® Database. Tracking their progress in completing eight stages (0-7), hospitals can review the implementation and utilization of information technology applications with the intent of reaching Stage 7, which represents an advanced electronic patient record environment.
"This project was driven by our needs to raise the standards of our patient care & safety and our success came from the commitment and participation of key stakeholders (Doctors, Pharmacists and Nurses) with IT and technology being the enablers. The bedside medication verification ensures the 5Rs : the right medication is given in the right dose to the right patient, at the right time and in the right manner. At Prince Court Medical Centre, we go further by ensuring another 2Rs : the right documentation and the right response. Our Stage 6 achievement is just the first step, requiring ongoing commitment and compliance with standardized practice and new workflows. Education is key in ensuring the importance of scanning all medication, and this will be a primary focus for all of us," said Dr. Chong Su-Lin, Managing Director of Prince Court Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"HIMSS Analytics congratulates Prince Court Medical Centre for leading the way toward health IT adoption," said John Hoyt, FACHE, FHIMSS, Executive Vice President, HIMSS.
The HIMSS Analytics Asia Pacific Stage 6 Award Presentation will be held at the HIMSS Asia Pac12 Conference on 18 September 2012.
HIMSS states that its "Stage 6" designation indicates that a hospital:
- has made significant executive commitments and investments to reach this stage.
- appears to have a significant advantage over competitors for patient safety, clinician support, clinician recruitment, and competitive marketing for both consumers and nurse recruitment.
- has almost fully automated/paperless medical records when they have implemented their IT applications across most of the inpatient care settings.
- is either starting to evaluate their data for care delivery process improvements or have already documented significant improvements in this area.
- has made investments that are within reach of most hospitals and recognize the strategic value of improving patient care with the EMR.
- has begun to create strategic alignments with their medical staff to effectively utilize information technology to improve the patient safety environment.
- is well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders, such as payers, the government, physicians, consumers, and employers, to support electronic health record environments and health information exchanges.
Visit HIMSS Analytics Asia Pacific website to learn more about Stage 6 recognition.
About HIMSS Analytics
HIMSS Analytics is a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). The company collects and analyzes healthcare data related to IT processes and environments, products, Is department composition and costs, Is department management metrics, healthcare trends and purchase-related decisions. HIMSS Analytics delivers high quality data and analytical expertise to healthcare delivery organizations, healthcare IT companies, state governments, financial companies, pharmaceutical companies, and consulting firms.
Visit www.himssanalyticsasiapacific.org for more information.
For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Manager
HIMSS Asia Pacific
+65 6664 1184
Return to Press Releases